I really enjoy TeamNetworks.Net and the great people I have met here!
I sponsored this ad to show some love. :)

Duffy’s experience is best explained in her own words;

I was there last week for an appointment for Amy. She hurt her foot, which makes dancing difficult, so we had to get that checked out. Amy is 17; I asked if this policy was in effect and if so, how could I opt out. The receptionist told me it’s a new law and there is no opting out. Working to keep my cool, I said, “I’m sure there is.” She said, “No, there isn’t.” At which point I asked if I needed to leave and go to the urgent care center because I was not submitting my daughter to such a conversation.

That did not go over well

The receptionist closed the window. Almost immediately, the office manager turned the corner and said, “Mrs. Duffy, may I speak with you?”

She said there was a new policy that would allow a child to access his/her medical records online and the child would be allowed to block a parent from viewing the website. The nurse would also inform my children that the doctor’s office is a safe place for them to receive information about STDs, HIV and birth control. That is what the nurse would be chatting about with my children without any pesky parental oversight. READ MORE ->

Attachments
REBEL!

Over my dead body!! I am responsible for my child till they are at the age of consent..... that means that I get to know their medical stuff also!

This is so insane! We have the Privacy Protection Act here.....just as stupid! This only means that the individual whose information it pertains to can't be accessed by that person! Everyone else can though.... police, etc.

When my son at the age of three was admitted to the Hospital with RSV, he stayed in five days. When we took him home due to abuse from the Hospital staff...... told the Doctor we were taking him whether they liked it or not!.... I asked for a copy of his medical records.I keep copies of every test, evry appt. everything in a binder, just in case we travel anywhere's and something happens...we have a record of all his medical stuff. When we received them in the mail....they were mostly blacked out!! Like real useful A**holes!

When I complained about it...they said that we would need our son's signature to allow us to have them! I said...He's 3 yrs. old and can't even say his name let alone write it! Didn't matter...we needed his signature! I got him to write an X....they wouldn't accept that either!

"All People have Value"<br />http://www.einsteinchallengedsociety.org

This is downright evil at work.

Linda Mihalic

Then those people with secrets to hide will NOT take their children to the doctors!!!  It's that simple.  The law has placed some kids lives in greater danger!