Questioner: How do we meet violence in other people?
Krishnamurti: My neighbour is violent: how shall I deal with it? Turn the other cheek? He is delighted. What shall I do? Would you ask that question if you were really non-violent, if there were no violence in you? Do listen to this question. If in your heart, in your mind, there is no violence at all, no hate, no bitterness, no sense of fulfilment, no wanting to be free, no violence at all, would you ask that question about how you meet the neighbour who is violent? Or would you know then what to do with your neighbour? Others may call what you do violent, but you may not be violent; at that moment your neighbour acts violently you will know how to deal with the situation. But a third person, watching, might say, “You are also violent.” But you know that you are not violent. So what is important is to be for yourself completely without violence—and it does not matter what another calls you.

Attachments

Me again lol... soooo, is this saying that if my neighbor gets violent that my reactions to it - to defend myself or others from it, are self defence and not a definite indication that I am violent too as long as it is purely from a self defence state of mind? That is how I take it ... (right? wrong?)

REBEL!

Safari Woman said...

Me again lol... soooo, is this saying that if my neighbor gets violent that my reactions to it - to defend myself or others from it, are self defence and not a definite indication that I am violent too as long as it is purely from a self defence state of mind? That is how I take it ... (right? wrong?)

I'm not sure how jk would react. Personally I would let them know I have a hand gun. If they continued, I would put a bullet in their ass to wound and not kill and let them decide where they wanted to go from here  

We are on the same page with this one Smile

I'm not sure how jk would react. Personally I would let them know I have a hand gun. If they continued, I would put a bullet in their ass to wound and not kill and let them decide where they wanted to go from here  

REBEL!